Injustice of Justice Carnival
New Delhi - India
- On 11 January 2015, volunteers met early at Kishangarh School, New Delhi to prepare for an action-packed day ahead.
- Prisoners’ families and disadvantaged families met individually with the volunteers who provided healing and counselling for each family, tracking their progress and ensuring their needs are being met. Volunteers personally checked students’ school and tuition work to ensure that they stay on track.
- The families enjoyed a nutritious meal and a puppet show that was preceded by an enthusiastic guitar performance by one of the children of the families. The confidence and joy of a child performing his newly learned guitar skills was a delight for all present. The show was followed by hours of fun, games, and laughter as the families enjoyed the carnival, which included ball games, candyfloss, mehendi and tattoos.
- The carnival was a real treat for these families who struggle to make ends meet.
- The day ended with the distribution of gift packs for the children and, for each family, monthly food parcels and living essentials such as sweaters, shoes and blankets.