Rebuild Nepal Eco Construction Programme
Affordable Construction, Healthcare - Kathmandu
- Nepal has just experienced a series of devastating earthquakes in the last few months.
- Numerous organisations have tendered relief. However, relief has been in the form of food packets and temporary shelters. This relief, though vital, is not sustainable. What is required is long-term, permanent solutions.
- Samarpan Foundation is in a position to deliver permanent, seismic-resistant housing to the people of Nepal. In September 2014, we built and laboratory tested permanent housing that can withstand up to 9.8 Richter seismic activity.
- As we are building in both urban and rural areas, the availability of construction materials varies.
- Our innovative method of construction allows for the incorporation of locally-available materials, such as boulders, clay bricks and rocks, with fish net and cement.
- Samarpan has constructed a public-outreach clinic in the seismic-affected zone.